Weather forecast:
 
Currency exchange:
Link

What to see

Fortress Mirabella (Peovica)  - Romanesque fortress, built in XIII. century above the town. Mirabela or Peovica was a reliable hideout for the Omis pirates who used to retreat into the safety of the Cetina gorge. There is an interesting story about Mirabella. In 1537, during an attack by the Turks, the defenders of Omis confused the attackers with their shouting and shots so much that the Turks overestimated the number of defenders and fled. A favorably chosen position on the tower will multiply any sound with echo, which will be aided by the river, making it impossible to locate the source of the sound.
Mirabela can be reached by climbing up the stairs from Subic Street and passing by the small church of the Holy Spirit. The trip takes approximately 15 minutes.

Fortress Starigrad (Fortica) - coming down from the Mosor, the wind called bura grew wild in gorges of Peruna and Dovnja, stirring the Cetina into frothing frenzy and tearing the flag on the battlements of Fortica. Guards, huddled around a fire, concluded: “Not even the Satan would ever attack in a storm like this.”
“I'll go the rounds anyway”, said Frano. He struggled to open the door and got to the edge of the tower. He watched attentively until on Prirovo he saw the candlelight he was expecting. Mihaela had lit a candle in the window. They didn't meet in public because the girl was from the prominent Didic family, while Frano was a young Vlach, merely a scout. Leaping forward, Frano came down to the Cetina across the sandbank of Planova. He found a boat under a willow tree, jumped in and started rowing. A blast of bura turned the boat over, and the river swallowed the young man. Tomorrow, people in Starigrad started saying that Frano had run away to the Turks, but Mihaela recognized the boat at the Cetina estuary and kept silent about the big secret. The stings of remorse never left her for as long as she lived, and she could be seen wandering along the Prika bank, watching the river eddying below Starigrad.
Starigrad can be reached by car up to Baucic, and then there is a twenty-minute walk along a marked path.
 

Church of Sv. Mihovil (St. Michael)  - The church of Sv.Mihovil (St. Michael), as parish and the main church replaced the medieval church which was too small for citizens of Omis, so they had decided, in year 1604, to renew the old one and to built the new, aisled, more spacious church with presbytery. The construction of belfry, which is rising above the rock behind the main parish church, had started in 1720, and was completed in 1724. Parish church of Sv.Mihovil (St.Michael) is one of the Omiš's most important architectural heritage. It is a combination of Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque styles, while portal, as one of the most interesting art achievements in Dalmatia in that time is an expression of folk mannerism.
Among the plenty of artistically shaped and valuable objects, the most valuable and the most famous are four altar pale: Descent of the Holy Ghost, Sv. Stjepan Prvomucenik (St. Stephan), Our Lady of RuĹžarje and Our Lady with Child, Sv. Juraj (St.George) and Sv. Jelena (St. Helena). of them were made and brought to Omis during the construction and decoration of the church. They were made by Venetian artist Palmo junior’s group. The Crucifix on the altar of St. Cross, made by sculptor Juraj Petrovic, as well as altars of Our Lady and Sv.Mihovil (St. Michael), made by sculptor Ivan Rendic are also very valuable artifacts.

Church of Sv. Duh (Holy Ghost) - at the end of the main street is a small church of the Holy Spirit from the 16th century; the Renaissance wooden altar features the painting Descent of the Holy Spirit by the Venetian painter J. Palma the Younger. The church was built in 1585., on the remains of the older, gothical church.

Church of Sv. Petar (St. Peter) - Church of Sv. Petar (St. Peter) in Omiš.
Church St. Petar at Priko – the one of the rare Pre-Romanesque buildings in Croatia, built in X. century and well preserved until now days. Located on the right bank of the Cetina river, it is first mentioned in the documents in the year 1074., during the reign of the king Slavac.